Mentoring for Women Entrepreneurs in Tech & Innovation
In Canada, women make up only 5% of tech entrepreneurs and receive less than 4% of venture capital. Female founders face unique challenges in accessing funding, entering established networks and growing their business.
Starting in May 2018, Women’s Enterprise Centre (WEC) is offering a mentoring program for BC women entrepreneurs in tech, called Discovery Foundation’s EM3 (Entrepreneurial Mindset Mastery & Mentoring) Program.
Mentoring for women tech entrepreneurs
The EM3 program is based on our peer mentoring format, which is proven to create success. It will bring women together for six mentoring sessions, led by an experienced female tech entrepreneur.
The EM3 program can help you:
Access a peer network of like-minded female founders
Build a sounding board of women who challenge, encourage and support each other.
Get insights from an experienced woman mentor
She will provide guidance to help you identify opportunities, brainstorm solutions and create action plans.
Develop the mindset of a forward-thinking entrepreneur
Using the Entrepreneurial Mindset Profile™, you will learn to leverage your competitive edge.
Give your business a solid foundation for growth
Address topics to improve your business performance and manage growth, such as finances, sales, and marketing.
- Maximum 8 women per group
- Six sessions, May to November 2018 (individual session dates TBD by each group)
- Offered in the following communities:
To participate in the program, you must be:
- A woman over 19
- Actively operating a business in BC
- Operating in the tech sector, using technology as a significant part of your business, or creating innovative products, services or processes
- Ready to grow your business
Don’t think you’re a tech business? Think again! See this surprising list of ventures that are considered tech >>
Thanks to funding from the Discovery Foundation, your investment of $250 includes:
- Mentoring from an experienced female founder in the tech sector for six sessions in a peer group setting
- Personalized Entrepreneurial Mindset Profile™ Assessment and a 30-minute debrief with a Certified EMP Practitioner
- Mindset Mastery for Business Growth webinar for tips to create an action plan to apply your own EMP results
Seats are limited – don’t miss out!
EM3 Presenting Partners
EM3 is part of the Discovery Foundation Technology Education Program