Become a Mentor
We are accepting applications from experienced business owners – men and women – from all BC communities who are interested in volunteering as a mentor for our One-to-One Mentoring Program. We have women waiting to be matched with entrepreneurs who can share their perspective in a variety of industries.
As a volunteer mentor, you want to provide the best advice and resources to your mentees. But you don’t need to have all the answers—we’re here to support you! Our Business Advisors can help you offer knowledge and solutions with information and training that is directly applicable to the operation of a small business.
- Share your business experience and knowledge
- Make a positive impact in your Mentee’s business
- Give back to the community
- Make new connections with a network of volunteers throughout the province
- Learn new skills – 93% of WEC mentors say that being a mentor has helped them in their own business!
You may qualify if you have:
- Five years, or equivalent experience, operating your own business
- The willingness to communicate, empathize and inspire trust
- The ability to commit to 6 sessions over a 6 month period (minimum of 2-3 hours per month)
If you have any questions about the becoming a Mentor, or you would like to suggest a Mentor, please email our Mentoring Coordinator: email@example.com.