Join a Peer Mentoring Group in Your Area
Do you understand your financial statements and review them on a regular basis – or do you avoid them all together?
Many entrepreneurs take a “head in the sand” approach to the financial side of their business and end up down a path they never expected. If you don’t have regular check-ups, how will you know if you are financially fit?
During these sessions you will learn how to:
- Speak more comfortably with your bookkeeper, accountant and banker
- Assess the financial health of your business and proactively manage your cash flow so you can sleep at night
- Evaluate the financial impact of business decisions (e.g. pricing changes)
Groups of six to eight women meet for six, two hour meetings with a volunteer mentor who has their CPA designation.
The mentor will ensure that members work together – fostering a cohesive and comfortable group of women, who are there to listen, brainstorm and provide support for each other. The mentor also helps mentees build new skills and knowledge in a confidential environment.
Program cost: $150
Mentoring Session Topics
Topics covered include:
- Understanding your financial statements – can you spot mistakes or inconsistencies?
- Preparing pro forma cash flow statements – do you know what your financing needs are?
- Financial contingency planning – what are the potential risks in your business?
- How profitable are each of your products – do you have the right mix?
- How do price changes impact the profitability of your business?
- How should you fund business growth?
Upcoming Group Locations
Financial Fitness Peer Mentoring is starting soon in the following communities:
- Vancouver | Brandi Wingrove – Partner, KPMG – FULL, Applications Closed
- Kelowna | Lynn Wong – Associate Partner, Crowe MacKay – FULL, Applications Closed
- Victoria | Lenora Lee – Partner, KPMG – FULL, Applications Closed
- Langley | Tara Pederson – Manager, BDO – FULL, Applications Closed
Up to 8 mentees per group. Group start dates will be confirmed once all applications have been processed.
Our Peer Mentoring Program is funded in part by:Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training and Ministry Responsible for Labour