Awards for Women Business Owners
Awards are an excellent chance to get your name out there or recognize an incredible woman business owner.
Below is a list of upcoming award opportunities and some tips on how you can make the most of them!
Why nominate yourself
- The publicity. You’ll benefit from the publicity of the awards and get exposure for your business and yourself. If you make a short-list – or win – you can share the news on social media, in press releases, in your e-newsletter and more.
- The credibility. With an award under your belt, you gain credibility as an expert in your field. It is like an A-plus review of you and your business and that’s something you can’t buy.
- The next generation. Role models are important to help girls envision themselves as leaders. We need to share more women success stories!
- The prizes. Many awards have great prizes, including mentoring, coaching, unique opportunities to grow your business and, of course, cash.
- The process. Even if you don’t win, you’ll learn a lot about yourself, your supporters and the important role you play in the community. You can fine-tune your pitch and try again next time.
How you can do it
Check out these Top Ten Tips for Embracing Award Opportunities.
Who else has won
Our clients are doing amazing things! Here are just a few members of our network who have recently been honoured with awards and nominations:
- WEC Board Members Christine Bergeron and Bonnie Foley-Wong, 2018 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Finalists
- Julia Church, Nettle’s Tale, 2018 SBBC Best Marketer Award Finalist
- Tara Black & Marion Neuhauser, Origin Bakery, 2018 Top Choice Award Winners
- Toni Desrosiers, Abeego Designs, 2018 Greater Victoria Business Awards Finalist, Sustainable Business Practices
- Cristen DiCarolis Dallas, Pizzeria Prima Strada, 2018 Greater Victoria Business Awards Finalist, Business of the Year (40+)
- Lisa Will, Stonz Wear, 2017 International Women’s Entrepreneurship Challenge
- Tara Bosch, SmartSweets, 2017 FWE Pitch for the Purse Winner and 2018 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Finalist
- Sarah Adamson, Fuze Food, 2016 Kootenay Influential Women in Business
- Brienna Elson, Building Blocks Educare, 2016 Kelowna Top 40 Under 40
Where to nominate
Below is a list of upcoming award deadlines from our partner network. Also check out our Events Calendar for galas and celebrations that honour the nominees.
Upcoming Events › Award Nomination Deadlines
Events List Navigation
Canada’s Most Powerful Women: Top 100 Awards celebrates the professional achievements of strong female leaders across the country in the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors. Since 2003, the Women’s Executive Network (WXN) has honoured 1004 remarkable women, inducting 141 of these women into the WXN Hall of Fame. This year, we have eliminated the nomination fee to allow for a more diverse background of women from all industries. For more information, see LINK.Find out more »
The BC Achievement Foundation, an independent foundation established and endowed by the Province of British Columbia in 2003 to celebrate excellence and achievement in British Columbia, presents the BC Indigenous Business Awards. All Indigenous businesses and entrepreneurs in BC are eligible. These awards honour business acumen in four distinct categories. An independent jury of Indigenous business experts reviews the nominations and selects the awardees in accordance with the award criteria. For further information about these awards, see LINK.Find out more »
The 50 over 50 Awards recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of people who are harnessing the power of experience to make an idea or a long-held dream a reality. Canadians over 50 are the fastest growing segment of the business start-up population, yet, they are still the most underserved and under supported group of entrepreneurs. In order for change to happen, we need to continue to draw attention to the accomplishments of people who are harnessing the power of experience…Find out more »
The BC Export Awards recognize the innovative approaches and unique contributions of British Columbia export companies across all sectors and on all regions of the province, as well as the individuals who contribute to their success. For more information on award categories and eligibility or to submit an application, see LINK.Find out more »