Following up with clients and contacts is all about consistency. Entrepreneurs that make the initial effort to follow up do really well in the first few months and then gradually fizzle out. Here are some ideas to implement that will create a culture of consistent connections!
1. Spread out your follow up. Follow up throughout the year with phone conversations, email, newsletters, and greeting cards.
2. Create a plan and stick to it. Don’t change your pattern. Your clients will begin to plan on hearing from you and will make time to see you.
3. Schedule the next meeting before leaving the current one.
4. As a business owner it is your responsibility to maintain the relationship. Take responsibility for the relationship.
5. Invite customers to networking events. Seeing your customers monthly or weekly at an event will help you create a stronger relationship.
6. Automate it! Your newsletter, your outlook calendar reminder will pop up. By having a system you guarantee consistency in your actions.
A statistic to remember: 80% of sales are made on the fifth to twelfth contact.
It’s important to follow up with prospects – it’s even more important to have consistent follow up. The goal is to create conversations and develop relationships. Through these relationships you will create more businesses AND develop ambassadors for your business who will gladly refer you!
Now go get connected!
Cathy Kuzelis recognized across Canada as an expert on “All Things Small Biz”. With 25+ years of experience as a successful Entrepreneur and Business Consultant, Cathy shares her tools and techniques to show entrepreneurs how to let go of limiting beliefs and give themselves permission to “Stand Up & Stand Out” to have the success they dream of. Named one of the Top Ten Mentors in Canada, Cathy is the Founder of The Connected Woman Association, Author of “Are You a Collector or a Connector?”; “I’m on the Phone!”; and the internationally known “Daily Espressos – Caffeine for the Mind.”