Business Loans for Youth
Dreaming of starting, buying or growing a business?
To make it easier for aspiring young female business owners to secure financing, Women’s Enterprise Centre (WEC) and Futurpreneur Canada have partnered to offer an unsecured joint loan of up to $65,000!
In order to have your Women’s Enterprise Centre application fee waived, please make sure that you identify Women's Enterprise Centre as the community partner when you fill out the Futurpreneur application form. The fee will not be waived if your loan with Futurpreneur has already been disbursed.
You may qualify if you're...
- Between the ages of 19 and 39
- A woman (or women) who owns and controls at least 51% of a business that is registered and located in British Columbia
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Residing in British Columbia
Here's what you get...
Qualified applicants may be eligible for:
- Loan of up to $65,000, no security required
- Competitive interest rates
- Flexible repayment options
- Free, ongoing business advice from your personal Business Advisor
- Free business skills training
The joint youth loan is made up of up to $50,000 from WEC and up to $15,000 from Futurpreneur Canada, and is subject to terms and conditions from both contributing partners.
You'll need to have...
- A strong and workable business idea and a comprehensive business plan
- Management knowledge and experience
- Cash/equity contribution
- A good credit history
And we can help! Find out more about how we can help you build a strong application.
Get started on your application!
- Start by attending a free Business Loans Information Session. In this session, the facilitator will review our lending criteria, answer your questions and advise you on how to apply.
- At the end of the session, your advisor will work with you to determine if you are eligible for a loan with us and Futurpreneur Canada and direct you to fill the online application.
- If you intend on applying for a loan to start or purchase a business you will need to provide all items on the Loan Application Checklist.