Join a peer mentoring group in your area
Women’s Enterprise Centre is pleased to announce the launch of our 2017 Financial Fitness Mentorship Program.
Our peer mentoring groups will be offered in multiple communities around the Province of BC and will be facilitated by Certified Professional Accountants.
The connection between financial literacy and business growth cannot be under-estimated. A myriad of research projects, surveys and anecdotal evidence points to the need for women in business to gain stronger financial understanding in order to grow their businesses. Both the 2014 and 2015 BC Economic Forum: Women as a Catalyst for Growth and the 2015 WEC Catalyst for Growth Regional Dialogues pointed to the need for women in business to gain financial literacy.
Some topics covered will include:
- Understanding your financial statements – can you spot mistakes or inconsistencies?
- Preparing pro forma cash flow statements – do you know what your financing needs are?
- Financial contingency planning – what are the potential risks in your business?
- How profitable are each of your products – do you have the right mix?
- How do price changes impact the profitability of your business?
- How should you fund business growth?
Groups of six to eight women will meet for six, two hour meetings with a volunteer mentor with their CPA designation. The mentor will ensure that members work together – fostering a cohesive and comfortable group of women, who are there to listen, brainstorm and provide support for each other. The mentor also helps mentees build new skills and knowledge in a confidential environment.
Program details are still being finalized. Sign up for our eBlasts to receive updates!
Find out if you need a Business Advisor or Mentor at this time.
The Peer Mentoring Program is supported by:Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training and Ministry responsible for Labour