Here are seven small low-to-no cost projects that you can do while everyone is only now gearing up for the new year! Each project will generate a measurable ROI for you in 2014.
1. Update your website’s “About Us” page. Change the graphics to fresher, newer images; add a new profile picture to let visitors know who you are and current customers recognize you; update your product/services description with new descriptive words.
2. Check your site’s keywords. Is your site using the best and most current keywords to help you attract more free search engine traffic? Check your website’s title, page headers, intro copy, image tags, and internal linking structure.
3. Get a New Logo. Redesigning your entire site takes a lot of work and costs big bucks. A new or re-designed logo can add new life to your visuals without the huge cost.
4. Pick up the phone. Call your 10 best clients and say “thank you for your business” That’s it. ‘Nuff said.
5. Give Kudos. Post and thank your Top 10 online friends publicly. Your best blog commenters, Facebook friends, Twitter re-tweeters or Google+ sharers deserve recognition and thanks.
6. Use your email list. If you haven’t sent an email newsletter to your list lately, send a friendly New Year’s greeting. It will help keep your email list fresh and maybe inspire a few sales, too. (Bonus tip: Include a coupon to inspire action!)
7. Start an email list. Don’t have an online newsletter? If you don’t have it, now’s the time to get an email list started.
Now Go Get Connected!