What does being authentic really mean? In case you haven’t figured it out, success is an “inner game” and it’s not something that can be manipulated. Our authentic self is the sum of all our skills, talents and experience and knowledge. It is all of the things that are uniquely ours and need expression, rather than what we believe we are supposed to be and do.
Curious about how to be the real you?
Here are 10 things authentic people do differently:
1. They are driven to action by the inner-self rather than external triggers.
2. They aren’t afraid to express their opinions even though those opinions may be different than those of the majority.
3. They don’t get upset when someone obviously dislikes them nor do they judge. They allow others to form whatever opinions they wish to have.
4. They value experiences over acquisition of things.
5. They’re proud of their unique traits that make them stand out from the crowd.
6. They search in conversations for depth, not for gossip.
7. They allow their friends and people they meet to show their true selves.
8. They support others and truly wish for people to succeed even if they are the competition.
9. They make the most out of the situations they find themselves in, good or bad.
10. They’re perfectly happy in their own company and they’re great friends with their own selves.
If you’re ready to show to the world the real you, this post might just be the beginning of your journey to authenticity.
Now Go Get Connected!