In a world of quick-fix social media, writing a 150 or 300-word blog seems like a big exercise. So why blog? Because blogging is still one of the most powerful ways to get your business brand known online.
Here are 6 key benefits of blogging for business:
1. SEO: If you do a weekly blog, you add fresh content to your website. This creates another way for search engines to find your website and index more information about you. Remember to be consistent and post regularly.
2. Content: Your blog content provides ready material for your other social media platforms e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. You can use this content in the FAQ section of your website, or a collection of blogs can be easily edited and turned into an e-book. It will not only provide content to other users but also help to increase traffic to your website.
3. Focus: As an entrepreneur, you’re always consumed with new ideas to establish yourself. Blogging brings focus to your business strategy. When you put your ideas into words, it brings more clarity to your business vision.
4. Connection: Your blog is a great way to engage with your clients. Blog analytics can help you track your readers and understand your market better, while readers’ comments can provide insight into consumer behaviour. Remember to respond to your readers in the comments section.
5. Expertise: You can position yourself as a leader in your industry through blogging. If you keep blog topics focussed and don’t just express random thoughts, your blog can be an effective way to position yourself as an industry expert and establish your brand.
6. Fun: Last but not least, writing a blog is fun. Become the writer you always secretly aspired to be!
Interested in learning more about blogging and other social media networks? Women’s Enterprise Centre offers a customized Social Media Services & Training program. Learn about this service