Join Our Free Starting a Business Info Session
Learn how to start a business in BC
If you think you are ready to start a business, we encourage you to participate in one of our FREE phone-in Starting Your Business Information Sessions.
The session is broken into 2 parts. In Part 1, we explain how to write an effective business plan. We cover each section of the business plan and provide strategies and resources to ensure your plan is well organized and consistent. In Part 2 we uncover how to make your business official.
You will learn about:
- the different types of business structures
- naming and registering your business
- where to find information about taxes, licenses and permits
- social media and websites
- sources of funding for your business
To prepare for the workshop and to make the most out of the hour, we suggest you:
- review the document How to Write an Effective Business Plan,
- refer to the SBIS Agenda so you can follow along and take notes, and
- call into the line in a quiet space so you can participate fully by asking questions.
These FREE phone-in sessions are held every second Thursday at 12:00 noon (Pacific Time).
Simply phone-in using the number emailed to you when you complete the registration form.NOTE If you experience difficulties with the registration form, please call our Client Services Coordinator at 1-800-643-7014, ext. 112 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org