Become a Mentor
Please note: While we are not currently running One-to-One Mentoring, Peer Mentoring or Taking the Stage® programs at this time, subject to funding, we do continue to offer mentoring for our loan clients.
We are looking for experienced business owners – men and women – from all BC communities who are interested in volunteering as a mentor.
We have women waiting to be matched with entrepreneurs who can share their perspective in a One-to-One Mentoring relationship.
- Share your business experience and knowledge
- Make a positive impact in your mentee’s business
- Give back to your community
- Make new connections with a network of volunteers throughout the province
- Learn new skills—93% of WEC mentors say that being a mentor has helped them in their own business!
As a volunteer mentor, you want to provide the best advice and resources to your mentees. But you don’t need to have all the answers—we’re here to support you! To be a mentor, you should have :
- Five years, or equivalent experience, operating your own business
- The willingness to communicate, empathize and inspire trust
- The ability to commit to six sessions over a six-month period (minimum of 2-3 hours per month)
What our past mentors say…
If you have any questions about the becoming a Mentor, or you would like to suggest a Mentor, please email our Mentoring Coordinator: email@example.com.