Join a Peer Mentoring Group in Your Area
If you’re new to business, you know it’s a challenge to stay on top of everything and find balance in your life.
Our Mentoring Program is designed to help you build confidence, improve your business knowledge, increase productivity and offer you emotional support. A mentor can help you get on the track to success!
Not sure if you need a Mentor? Find out if you need a Business Advisor or Mentor >>
Not sure if Peer Mentoring is the right format for you? Read these 5 Peer Mentoring Myths—Busted! >>
How Does it Work?
Peer Mentoring Groups offer new ideas and feedback on your current business challenges with a solution-based approach.
Facilitated by an experienced woman entrepreneur in your community, the group decides the focus of each meeting based on the interests and needs of its members (e.g. work/life balance, marketing, networking skills, cash flow management).
You’ll benefit from…
- Personalized advice
- Guidance from an experienced woman business owner
- New ideas and opinions from an outside perspective
- An action plan to overcome your challenges
- Improved business knowledge
- New networks and partnerships within the business community
- Emotional support and relief from the isolation of business ownership
Am I Eligible?
You may be eligible if you are:
- Actively operating a business in BC and generating revenue
- In the first five years of operating your business
- Female and over the age of 19
How Do I Apply?
We are delighted to be offering Peer Mentoring Groups in the following communities:
- Northern BC (FULL) – Facilitated by Bobbi Carpino, Co-Owner, Salmon Valley Campground and WEC Entrepreneur in Residence
- 6 virtual sessions: October 19, 26, November 2, 9, 16, 23 | 9am to 11am PT
- Terrace (FULL) – Facilitated by Janice Shaben, Owner, Silvertip Promotions & Signs and WEC Regional Ambassador
- 6 sessions (potentially in-person, TBC): Starting early fall 2020
- Okanagan (FULL) – Facilitated by Cathy Burrell, Cathy Burrell Consulting and WEC Client Service Coordinator
- 7 virtual sessions: November 3, 10, 17, 24, December 1, 8, 15
- Victoria Area – Facilitated by Paris Gaudet, WEC Board Member
- 7 virtual sessions: November 17, December 1, 15, 29, January 12, 26, February 9 | 10am to 12pm
- Lower Mainland, for Immigrant women and women of colour – Facilitated by Manpreet Dhillon, CEO of Veza Global and WEC Entrepreneur in Residence
- 7 virtual sessions: November 5, 12, 19, 26, December 3, 10, 17 | 4pm to 6pm