Taking the Stage® in BC
Taking the Stage® is a powerful program developed by The Humphrey Group Inc. to help women achieve a confident leadership presence.
While the program is traditionally only available to women in large corporations, such as Microsoft and Johnson & Johnson, we are pleased to be able to offer it to current and aspiring women business owners and non-profit leaders at a significantly reduced cost, thanks to generous support from The Humphrey Group.
Learn to communicate with confidence
If you feel uncomfortable in situations where the spotlight is focused on you or you just aren’t sure how to fully project your leadership qualities, then this program could be exactly what you need.
You will address the fundamental communication habits that minimize your credibility as a leader.
Taking the Stage® will help you to become a strong, confident leader by teaching you to speak with strength on any ‘stage’– from boardrooms to meeting rooms, from town halls to phone calls.
The program has been delivered to over 500,000 women worldwide, making it a global success story!
Taking the Stage® consists of groups of 6 to 10 women who meet for four, two-hour sessions led by a volunteer facilitator in your community.
These four video-based learning modules serve as the basis for rich group discussion and strong networking opportunities. Participants get personal feedback and coaching so space is limited!
The sessions will teach you how to:
- Embrace Your Leadership Identity: Focuses on achieving a leadership presence. You will learn to adopt a new, braver mindset: one that enables women to stand out and be heard.
- Create a Leader’s Script: Explains how to create a clear message – whether giving a presentation at a trade show or making a phone call. You will learn how to avoid apologetic and self-deprecating expressions and to communicate using strong words of a leader.
- Achieve a Leader’s Presence: Shows you how to achieve a strong, leadership presence through eye contact, pace, body language and voice.
- Adopt the Voice of a Leader: Shows women how to develop the strong, confident voice of a leader. You will discover how to get your points across without sounding defensive or tentative.
We are delighted to be offering Taking the Stage® in the following communities:
- Vancouver Island – Facilitated by Denise Young, CEO and Founder of Tigers Eye Advisory Group LTD. – FULL
- 5 sessions: April 28, May 5, 12, 19, 26 | 9:30am to 11:30am PT
Please note: The Vancouver Island Group is now full, but we plan to offer more TTS groups in several communities around BC in 2021! Please stay tuned for more details, or sign up for our eBlasts to be notified if the program comes to your region.
What our past participants say…
This program is made possible thanks to The Humphrey Group and a network of volunteer facilitators.
® Taking the Stage is a registered trademark of The Humphrey Group Inc. Used under license by Women’s Enterprise Centre.