Awards for Women Business Owners
Awards are an excellent chance to get your name out there or recognize an incredible woman business owner.
Below is a list of upcoming award opportunities and some tips on how you can make the most of them!
Why nominate yourself
- The publicity. You’ll benefit from the publicity of the awards and get exposure for your business and yourself. If you make a short-list – or win – you can share the news on social media, in press releases, in your e-newsletter and more.
- The credibility. With an award under your belt, you gain credibility as an expert in your field. It is like an A-plus review of you and your business and that’s something you can’t buy.
- The next generation. Role models are important to help girls envision themselves as leaders. We need to share more women success stories!
- The prizes. Many awards have great prizes, including mentoring, coaching, unique opportunities to grow your business and, of course, cash.
- The process. Even if you don’t win, you’ll learn a lot about yourself, your supporters and the important role you play in the community. You can fine-tune your pitch and try again next time.
How you can do it
Check out these Top Ten Tips for Embracing Award Opportunities.
Who else has won
Our clients are doing amazing things! Here are just a few members of our network who have recently been honoured with awards and nominations:
- WEC Board Chair Jill Earthy, 2018 Women’s Executive Network (WXN) Top 100™ Award, 2019 BIV Influential Women in Business Honouree, Wendy McDonald Diversity Award in the Community Catalyst category, HSBC Community Contributor of the Year award by the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI) (shared with Lois Nahirney)
- WEC Board Members Christine Bergeron and Bonnie Foley-Wong, 2018 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Finalists
- Julia Church, Nettle’s Tale, 2018 SBBC Best Marketer Award Finalist
- Tara Black & Marion Neuhauser, Origin Bakery, 2018 Top Choice Award Winners
- Toni Desrosiers, Abeego Designs, 2018 Greater Victoria Business Awards Finalist, Sustainable Business Practices and 2018 RBC Women of Influence, TELUS Trailblazer Award
- Cristen DiCarolis Dallas, Pizzeria Prima Strada, 2018 Greater Victoria Business Awards Finalist, Business of the Year (40+)
- Lisa Will, Stonz Wear, 2017 International Women’s Entrepreneurship Challenge
- Tara Bosch, SmartSweets, 2017 FWE Pitch for the Purse Winner and 2018 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Finalist
- Sarah Adamson, Fuze Food, 2016 Kootenay Influential Women in Business
- Brienna Elson, Building Blocks Educare, 2016 Kelowna Top 40 Under 40
Where to nominate
Below is a list of upcoming award deadlines from our partner network. Also check out our Events Calendar for galas and celebrations that honour the nominees.
Upcoming Events › Award Nomination Deadlines
Know a local business or individual who deserves to be nominated for a Business Achievement Award? Nominate them! SELECTION CRITERIA: Young Professional of the Year: honours a business professional under the age of 45 who has excelled in business; exemplifies leadership and entrepreneurial skills. Small Business of the Year – (less than 10 employees): recognizes a small business with less than 10 employees, has made an outstanding contribution to the community and has a reputation for providing superior service. Not…Find out more »
Women's Enterprise Centre is delighted to be a judge for the first annual Rise Awards! We all know someone deserving of recognition; nominate them! Recognizing the need to shine a spotlight on the amazing women and people in our community, the inaugural Rise Awards will debut two new awards up for grabs: Woman Of The Year, and Change Maker. Woman of The Year – Open to any female business owner or corporate professional, living and working in the immediate Kelowna area;…Find out more »
The City of Kelowna Civic & Community Awards recognize outstanding contributions and achievements in our city. The award program includes categories for youth, arts, athletics, volunteerism, businesses and volunteer organizations. Help us recognize the talent, dedication and generosity of those who have contributed to making Kelowna a better place to live, by nominating someone today! Award categories Honour in the Arts Awards Citizens of the Year Awards Sports Awards Volunteer Organization of the Year Award Corporate Community of the Year…Find out more »
The TIAs celebrate the change makers, the up-and-comers, the innovators, and the bold—those who are transforming our industry and building the fabric of BC’s vibrant tech ecosystem. We’re passionate supporters of the companies, entrepreneurs, and people who make up our community and believe that their contributions should be recognized. Nominate or Apply Nominations close at 5pm February 21, 2020.Find out more »
These annual awards are presented in honour of the late Wendy McDonald, a Canadian business icon who served as the first female Chair of the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade. The awards serve to increase the profile of outstanding women and champions of women in our community. Nominate Submission deadline is 9 a.m., Friday, March 13, 2020.Find out more »