Awards for Women Business Owners
Awards are an excellent chance to get your name out there or recognize an incredible woman business owner.
Below is a list of upcoming award opportunities and some tips on how you can make the most of them!
Why nominate yourself
- The publicity. You’ll benefit from the publicity of the awards and get exposure for your business and yourself. If you make a short-list – or win – you can share the news on social media, in press releases, in your e-newsletter and more.
- The credibility. With an award under your belt, you gain credibility as an expert in your field. It is like an A-plus review of you and your business and that’s something you can’t buy.
- The next generation. Role models are important to help girls envision themselves as leaders. We need to share more women success stories!
- The prizes. Many awards have great prizes, including mentoring, coaching, unique opportunities to grow your business and, of course, cash.
- The process. Even if you don’t win, you’ll learn a lot about yourself, your supporters and the important role you play in the community. You can fine-tune your pitch and try again next time.
How you can do it
Check out these Top Ten Tips for Embracing Award Opportunities.
Who else has won
Our clients are doing amazing things! Here are just a few members of our network who have recently been honoured with awards and nominations:
- WEC Board Chair Jill Earthy, 2018 Women’s Executive Network (WXN) Top 100™ Award, 2019 BIV Influential Women in Business Honouree, Wendy McDonald Diversity Award in the Community Catalyst category, HSBC Community Contributor of the Year award by the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI) (shared with Lois Nahirney)
- WEC Board Members Christine Bergeron and Bonnie Foley-Wong, 2018 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Finalists
- Julia Church, Nettle’s Tale, 2018 SBBC Best Marketer Award Finalist
- Tara Black & Marion Neuhauser, Origin Bakery, 2018 Top Choice Award Winners
- Toni Desrosiers, Abeego Designs, 2018 Greater Victoria Business Awards Finalist, Sustainable Business Practices and 2018 RBC Women of Influence, TELUS Trailblazer Award
- Cristen DiCarolis Dallas, Pizzeria Prima Strada, 2018 Greater Victoria Business Awards Finalist, Business of the Year (40+)
- Lisa Will, Stonz Wear, 2017 International Women’s Entrepreneurship Challenge
- Tara Bosch, SmartSweets, 2017 FWE Pitch for the Purse Winner and 2018 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Finalist
- Sarah Adamson, Fuze Food, 2016 Kootenay Influential Women in Business
- Brienna Elson, Building Blocks Educare, 2016 Kelowna Top 40 Under 40
Where to nominate
Below is a list of upcoming award deadlines from our partner network. Also check out our Events Calendar for galas and celebrations that honour the nominees.
Upcoming Events › Award Nomination Deadlines
What could your business do with $100,000? With more than $150,000 in prizes on the line, TELUS Pitch is Canada’s largest small business competition, offering Canadian entrepreneurs the chance to reap the rewards of their hard work with a $100,000 cash payout. Prizes Grand Prize Winner: $100,000 cash to be awarded at the TELUS Pitch Live Summit on July 30 + $10,000 will be donated on behalf of the winner to TELUS Friendly Future Foundation. Finalists: The remaining two grand…Find out more »
The WISE 50 over 50 Award recognizes and celebrates Canadian Entrepreneurs over the age of 50! It’s time for entrepreneurs over 50 to be recognized for the wisdom, initiative, skills, and experience they bring to the business world – modern day heroes, models, and mentors. The WISE 50 Over 50 Awards were created two years ago to recognize and celebrate 50 of these entrepreneurs who started a business after the age of 50. The awards are open to Canadian residents…Find out more »
Business in Vancouver is seeking B.C.'s outstanding business women in private or public sector companies. Honourees are chosen based on the criteria of professional accomplishments, influence, and business community involvement. Six women will be profiled in a spring issue of Business in Vancouver and honoured at a gala awards luncheon in March 2020. Learn More or NominateFind out more »