Awards for Women Business Owners
Awards are an excellent chance to get your name out there or recognize an incredible woman business owner.
Below is a list of upcoming award opportunities and some tips on how you can make the most of them!
Why nominate yourself
- The publicity. You’ll benefit from the publicity of the awards and get exposure for your business and yourself. If you make a short-list – or win – you can share the news on social media, in press releases, in your e-newsletter and more.
- The credibility. With an award under your belt, you gain credibility as an expert in your field. It is like an A-plus review of you and your business and that’s something you can’t buy.
- The next generation. Role models are important to help girls envision themselves as leaders. We need to share more women success stories!
- The prizes. Many awards have great prizes, including mentoring, coaching, unique opportunities to grow your business and, of course, cash.
- The process. Even if you don’t win, you’ll learn a lot about yourself, your supporters and the important role you play in the community. You can fine-tune your pitch and try again next time.
How you can do it
Check out these Top Ten Tips for Embracing Award Opportunities.
Who else has won
Our clients are doing amazing things! Here are just a few members of our network who have recently been honoured with awards and nominations:
- WEC Board Members Christine Bergeron and Bonnie Foley-Wong, 2018 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Finalists
- Julia Church, Nettle’s Tale, 2018 SBBC Best Marketer Award Finalist
- Tara Black & Marion Neuhauser, Origin Bakery, 2018 Top Choice Award Winners
- Toni Desrosiers, Abeego Designs, 2018 Greater Victoria Business Awards Finalist, Sustainable Business Practices
- Cristen DiCarolis Dallas, Pizzeria Prima Strada, 2018 Greater Victoria Business Awards Finalist, Business of the Year (40+)
- Lisa Will, Stonz Wear, 2017 International Women’s Entrepreneurship Challenge
- Tara Bosch, SmartSweets, 2017 FWE Pitch for the Purse Winner and 2018 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Finalist
- Sarah Adamson, Fuze Food, 2016 Kootenay Influential Women in Business
- Brienna Elson, Building Blocks Educare, 2016 Kelowna Top 40 Under 40
Where to nominate
Below is a list of upcoming award deadlines from our partner network. Also check out our Events Calendar for galas and celebrations that honour the nominees.
Upcoming Events › Award Nomination Deadlines
Events List Navigation
The BC Export Awards recognize the innovative approaches and unique contributions of British Columbia export companies across all sectors and on all regions of the province, as well as the individuals who contribute to their success. For more information on award categories and eligibility or to submit an application, see LINK.Find out more »
This annual event is designed to recognize corporate leaders in supplier diversity and showcase successful certified Aboriginal and minority suppliers at CAMSC. Nominations open until July 13, 2018. We seek to celebrate accomplishments such as growth in sales, innovative solutions, employment opportunities, and community development. For more information, see LINK below.Find out more »
Business in Vancouver is once again recognizing BC's most outstanding business women in private or public sector companies. Honourees have risen through the ranks to become senior executives or entrepreneurs. Through corporate board placements they help influence and shape policy at some of Canada's largest companies. Winners will be profiled in the spring of Women in Business magazine in the February 20th issue of Business in Vancouver. The deadline to nominate your Influential Women in Business for this honour is October 15, 2018. …Find out more »