Awards for Women Business Owners
Awards are an excellent chance to get your name out there or recognize an incredible woman business owner.
Below is a list of upcoming award opportunities and some tips on how you can make the most of them!
Why nominate yourself
- The publicity. You’ll benefit from the publicity of the awards and get exposure for your business and yourself. If you make a short-list – or win – you can share the news on social media, in press releases, in your e-newsletter and more.
- The credibility. With an award under your belt, you gain credibility as an expert in your field. It is like an A-plus review of you and your business and that’s something you can’t buy.
- The next generation. Role models are important to help girls envision themselves as leaders. We need to share more women success stories!
- The prizes. Many awards have great prizes, including mentoring, coaching, unique opportunities to grow your business and, of course, cash.
- The process. Even if you don’t win, you’ll learn a lot about yourself, your supporters and the important role you play in the community. You can fine-tune your pitch and try again next time.
How you can do it
Check out these Top Ten Tips for Embracing Award Opportunities.
Who else has won
Our clients are doing amazing things! Here are just a few members of our network who have recently been honoured with awards and nominations:
- WEC Board Chair Jill Earthy, 2018 Women’s Executive Network (WXN) Top 100™ Award, 2019 BIV Influential Women in Business Honouree, Wendy McDonald Diversity Award in the Community Catalyst category, HSBC Community Contributor of the Year award by the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI) (shared with Lois Nahirney)
- WEC Board Members Christine Bergeron and Bonnie Foley-Wong, 2018 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Finalists
- Julia Church, Nettle’s Tale, 2018 SBBC Best Marketer Award Finalist
- Tara Black & Marion Neuhauser, Origin Bakery, 2018 Top Choice Award Winners
- Toni Desrosiers, Abeego Designs, 2018 Greater Victoria Business Awards Finalist, Sustainable Business Practices and 2018 RBC Women of Influence, TELUS Trailblazer Award
- Cristen DiCarolis Dallas, Pizzeria Prima Strada, 2018 Greater Victoria Business Awards Finalist, Business of the Year (40+)
- Lisa Will, Stonz Wear, 2017 International Women’s Entrepreneurship Challenge
- Tara Bosch, SmartSweets, 2017 FWE Pitch for the Purse Winner and 2018 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Finalist
- Sarah Adamson, Fuze Food, 2016 Kootenay Influential Women in Business
- Brienna Elson, Building Blocks Educare, 2016 Kelowna Top 40 Under 40
Where to nominate
Below is a list of upcoming award deadlines from our partner network. Also check out this list of awards for women in business from the WEB Alliance of Women’s Business Networks.
For galas and celebrations that honour the nominees, visit our Event Calendar.
Upcoming Events › Award Nomination Deadlines
The Whistler Excellence Awards are ready for your nominations! Nominating is easy and it’s the best way to spotlight the stars of our community or showcase your own success. Celebrate Whistler’s innovators, trailblazers and community cultivators! Whistler’s virtual business and community awards build brands and honour local legends. Hosted by the Whistler Chamber in partnership with Whistler Community Foundation, the Whistler Arts Council, AWARE and presented by BlueShore Financial – the evening is dedicated to honouring excellence in the areas…Find out more »
The RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards is the premier national awards program celebrating the achievements of the most successful in this inspiring group. For 29 years, the awards have shone a spotlight on Canada’s most accomplished and impactful women who have demonstrated excellence — from economic growth to social change, from local to global reach, across multiple sectors. Learn More or ApplyFind out more »
The BC Food & Beverage Awards is an annual event that celebrates the accomplishments of companies, products, and individuals that have truly made an impact in the BC food, beverage, and natural health industry. Nominate a person, company, or product for one of the BCFB awards and remember you can nominate yourself! Best in Brand - Marketing Award Export Award Hall of Fame Inductee Innovation Award Leadership Award Member of the Year Award People First Award - Health, Safety and…Find out more »
Tthe Accelerating Manufacturing Scale-Up Grant Program will be accepting applications from April 15 to May 31, 2021. Grants of up to $250,000 are available to eligible individual companies or up to $500,000 for groups in collaboration. The program will invest up to $10 million to diversify and innovate the province’s small and medium-sized manufacturing businesses to: Support industry collaboration to advance innovations that can support enhanced productivity and sustainability, including the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions from industry practices and…Find out more »