Awards for Women Business Owners
Awards are an excellent chance to get your name out there or recognize an incredible woman business owner.
Below is a list of upcoming award opportunities and some tips on how you can make the most of them!
Why nominate yourself
- The publicity. You’ll benefit from the publicity of the awards and get exposure for your business and yourself. If you make a short-list – or win – you can share the news on social media, in press releases, in your e-newsletter and more.
- The credibility. With an award under your belt, you gain credibility as an expert in your field. It is like an A-plus review of you and your business and that’s something you can’t buy.
- The next generation. Role models are important to help girls envision themselves as leaders. We need to share more women success stories!
- The prizes. Many awards have great prizes, including mentoring, coaching, unique opportunities to grow your business and, of course, cash.
- The process. Even if you don’t win, you’ll learn a lot about yourself, your supporters and the important role you play in the community. You can fine-tune your pitch and try again next time.
How you can do it
Check out these Top Ten Tips for Embracing Award Opportunities.
Who else has won
Our clients are doing amazing things! Here are just a few members of our network who have recently been honoured with awards and nominations:
- WEC Board Members Christine Bergeron and Bonnie Foley-Wong, 2018 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Finalists
- Julia Church, Nettle’s Tale, 2018 SBBC Best Marketer Award Finalist
- Tara Black & Marion Neuhauser, Origin Bakery, 2018 Top Choice Award Winners
- Toni Desrosiers, Abeego Designs, 2018 Greater Victoria Business Awards Finalist, Sustainable Business Practices
- Cristen DiCarolis Dallas, Pizzeria Prima Strada, 2018 Greater Victoria Business Awards Finalist, Business of the Year (40+)
- Lisa Will, Stonz Wear, 2017 International Women’s Entrepreneurship Challenge
- Tara Bosch, SmartSweets, 2017 FWE Pitch for the Purse Winner and 2018 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Finalist
- Sarah Adamson, Fuze Food, 2016 Kootenay Influential Women in Business
- Brienna Elson, Building Blocks Educare, 2016 Kelowna Top 40 Under 40
Where to nominate
Below is a list of upcoming award deadlines from our partner network. Also check out our Events Calendar for galas and celebrations that honour the nominees.
Upcoming Events › Award Nomination Deadlines
Women's Enterprise Centre is proud to sponsor the 2019 Small Business BC Awards! Nominate your business, or a business you love, today! Nominations close November 30, 2018 and the Awards ceremony will be in February 2019. See LINK for more information.Find out more »
The Open for Business Awards are a great way to celebrate your achievements, build credibility and gain extensive media exposure for your community. And this year’s celebration will be bigger and better. The Open for Business Awards will be joining the Small Business BC Awards, in our 16th year at the Vancouver Convention Centre on February 21, 2019 with over 600 industry executives, small business owners, government officials and media. The Open for Business Awards celebrate communities that have created a business…Find out more »
Recognize the remarkable women, and companies in media, telecom, digital media and technology who are empowering women to be leaders. The Women in Communications and Technology Annual Awards honour women, men and companies who have demonstrated outstanding achievements, leadership and support for the advancement of women in the communications and technology industries. Play an active role in the advancement of women: nominate a deserving colleague or forward-thinking company who has made a difference in Canada’s digital economy for a WCT…Find out more »