Business Loans for Women
NOTE: To support our loan clients during this period of uncertainty, Women’s Enterprise Centre is making some concessions available, upon request and demonstration of need. Learn more >>
We offer business loans for women-owned businesses in BC. Whether you’re just starting out, purchasing a business or growing your business, we can help.
As a development lender, we exist to help women access the financing they need to succeed in business.
You may qualify with us even if you don’t qualify with another lender!NOTE We do not have a grant program and, despite popular belief, grants for business start-ups are rare. If you are interested in exploring other funding options, check out this list of grant programs and funding sources.
About Our Business Loans
Women’s Enterprise Centre Loan Program
Loans up to $150,000 combined with ongoing business support.
- Primary Lending Program – Access up to $150K with 30% security. Learn more below.
- Youth Business Loan in partnership with Futurpreneur Canada – Access an unsecured loan of up to $70K. Learn more >>
- Equal Access to Capital (EAC) – Access an unsecured loan up to $50,000 if your credit score is over 650. Learn more >>
Vancity Unity Women Entrepreneurs Program – We are pleased to partner with Vancity to offer the Unity Women Entrepreneurs Program, which provides a line of credit or loan from Vancity, plus free business support, training and mentoring through Women’s Enterprise Centre! Learn more >>
Wondering which option is right for you? Check out this Funding Comparison Chart >>
Primary Lending Program Features
- Loans up to $150,000* for BC women
- Loans for market-ready start-ups, business expansion projects and business purchases
- Loans for leaseholds, equipment, operating capital and more
- Flexible repayment options and terms up to 5 years
- Lower security and equity requirements than many other lenders
- Lower fees than many other lenders
- Competitive interest rates
*If you require funding beyond $150,000, we attempt to partner with other lenders to meet your full borrowing requirements.
We’re Different Because We Provide…
An application process designed for your success
Our process helps you clarify your vision, your business model and cash flow projections so your business has a solid foundation.
Free, ongoing professional business advice
Get matched with your own qualified Business Advisor who is only a phone call away. Thanks to our business services, our loan clients’ success rate after 5 years is 75% – that’s 50% higher than the national average!
Free business skills training & mentoring
As our loan client, you get free access to all the business training and mentoring services we offer to acquire practical, applied skills that are pivotal to your business success.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
or, Learn More:
Also Available – Youth Business Loan
Do you dream of starting, buying or growing a business but think you’re too young to get a business loan? Women’s Enterprise Centre has partnered with Futurpreneur Canada to offer an unsecured joint loan for youth of up to $70,000.
If you’re a woman under 40, you may qualify!