Do I Qualify for a Business Loan?
Women’s Enterprise Centre offers two types of business loans for BC women:
- Primary Lending Program for loans up to $150,000
- Specialty Loans, including:
Basic Eligibility Requirements
All applicants must be:
- A woman who owns and controls at least 51% of a business that is registered and located in British Columbia
- A Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
- Residing in British Columbia
- Over 19 years old
You Will Need the Following
(And We Can Help!)
If a project falls into one of the categories below, it is not eligible for Women’s Enterprise Centre financing:
- Projects in the pre-start-up phase for which seed or early-stage capital is required
- Any business in which the owner does not have operational control over important aspects of the business (this may include some franchises)
- Any business for which the majority of gross revenues do not come from direct sales of the business’s products or services (i.e. Multi-tiered marketing projects)
- Any projects that support businesses that do not operate on a for-profit basis
- Any investment that can be considered speculative
- Refinancing of existing debt from another lender
- Loans greater than $150,000
- Loans for which the secondary financing necessary to the project over and above $150,000 is not confirmed
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Still have questions? Check out our Business Loan FAQs or call us at 1.800.643.7014.