Did you know clutter in a workspace is actually a distraction to your productivity? It weighs you down, it disrupts your thinking and creates an invitation to chaos.
Here are five tips to simplify your workspace
1. Get rid of unnecessary knickknacks and office accessories. They are distractions, create clutter and reduce your focus. Bookshelves, closets, and containers are great for storage.
2. Access folders quickly by using a vertical desktop file sorter instead of stacking papers. Colour coding each folder by topic will provide a great visual for folders you access regularly.
3. Create a “to do” list. It feels good to check off each task as it is completed.
Starting your day with a plan will help you prioritise your tasks.
4. Handle all incoming information strategically. Make a decision to take action, toss it, or delete from your email. Prioritize your time for actionable items.
5. Create a buffer zone to manage your time and work commitments. Your time is valuable and a buffer zone provides a psychological cushion to avoid feeling rushed; helps you gather your thoughts and check your work for important details.
Clutter, disorganization and stress decrease productivity and your profits. Instead of feeling constantly exhausted and dreading your work day, try these 5 suggestions to remove barriers that are keeping your from being productive. Staying organized will also help you move forward decisively. Bring back the fun in your day by keeping your work style clutter free.