- This event has passed.
2 Day Business Planning Workshop for Agri-Food Processors
February 8, 2018 - February 9, 2018
Setting Up your Business for Success!
Do you own a business in food or beverage processing, manufacturing or farming OR are you thinking of starting up a business in this industry? This is your opportunity to invest in yourself and learn how to build a foundation for success. In addition to learning the modules below, there will be special guests and time for networking.
1. The Business Planning Process: Learn about the key elements of a Business Plan from start to finish
2. Market Access and Analysis: Learn how to assess and research your market
3. Product Development: Learn formulation technique and commercialization of recipes
4. Financial planning and management: Learn how to budget, plan as well as read and understand your financial statements
5. Quality Assurance: Learn the implementation of operational standards
6. Labeling and packaging: Understand the elements of package design, regulations and food protection
7. Production Economics: Learn how to determine the costs of production, operations and co-packing options
8. Logistics: Learn the basics of procurement, receiving, storage and shipping
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, unless otherwise posted
Lunch will be provided
Fees: $105 per person (GST included, Non-refundable)