- This event has passed.
Back to Business Goal Setting Workshop
September 17, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Thursday, repeating until October 8, 2020
Succeeding in the New Normal for Business
Businesses across Canada are coming to terms with a vastly changed landscape. In many aspects, the old way of doing things has been discarded, and the transition to the “new normal” is filled with many challenges. The key to succeeding in these times is to be prepared, know the obstacles you’re likely to face, and set goals that will enable you to move forward.
With so many strategic decisions to be made, our Back to Business Goal Setting Workshop will help participants adjust by dedicating time to set goals, provide tools to develop targeted goals, recognize obstacles and define action plans.
Goal setting offers a powerful and proven pathway to achieving business success. Utilizing the SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely), and other goal setting principles, entrepreneurs can set goals and devise an action plan to achieve those goals. Small Business BC’s Goal Setting Workshop is a four-week, interactive Zoom workshop where participants will take the time to define goals and action plans, as well as developing the skills necessary to effectively prioritize professional goals in a supporting and inspiring environment.
Each weekly session is two hours, with assigned homework each week. Participants will also be offered 30-minute post-class Zoom individual group meetings with Laura on the day after each weekly session. This allows an opportunity to prepare for the next week’s class and check in on progress.
Dates: Sep 17, Sep 24, Oct 1, and Oct 8, 2020 (attendees must be available for all 4 dates)
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Hosted by Small Business BC’s Business Planning and International Trade Advisor, Laura Aveledo, the cohort of maximum eight attendees will work together to define impactful goals for their business using a variety of goal setting tools, lean on each other for inspiration and celebrate milestones together.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Dedicated time to evaluate your needs to move forward in business while rebuilding for resiliency
- Develop three key goals with requirements, milestones and accountability
- Align goals with business strategy for the “new normal” and help you move from obstacles to action
- Workbook with tools and worksheets to support future goal setting and tracking
- Learn the proven theories behind goal setting
- Meet other entrepreneurs with similar objectives and receive goal inspiration and support
- Methods to define a realistic time-frame and action plans for achieving your goals