Connecting to Capital: Meet Your Funding Match
March 10 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Hosted by Women’s Enterprise Centre
Women business owners have big plans for the future!
According to our recent survey, 91% feel optimistic about the next year and over 77% plan to apply for funding to accomplish their goals.
In honour of International Women’s Day, Women’s Enterprise Centre is hosting a fun, interactive discussion about accessing capital focused on the future, and we want to unite you with the funding programs aligned with your goals.
We’ve invited panelists from different sources and stages of funding to answer questions, posed by local woman entrepreneur (and past WEC loan client), Vivian McCormick, Co-Owner of Flax Sleep!
On March 10, we’ll explore:
- Highlights from our insightful new report, sharing the funding paths of over 400 BC women entrepreneurs and how current options do – and don’t – fit
- How to choose the right funding for your business, at each stage
- New funding models that you might not know about
- How to develop a strong application or presentation
After the panel, we’ll go into virtual breakout rooms so you have a chance to connect directly with funders and Business Advisors in a matchmaking session.
This is your event! We encourage you to bring your burning questions and share your experience, so we can work together to connect you with capital.
At the end, you’ll feel inspired and empowered to plan your funding journey, and you can connect with a WEC Business Advisor if you have more questions.
Facilitator: Vivian McCormick, Co-Founder, Flax Sleep
- Melanie Rupp, Director, Loans & Advisory Services, Women’s Enterprise Centre
- Tara Lamond, Small Business Advisor, Community Business and Investment, Vancity Credit Union
- Irene Dorsman, Director and CEO, Angel Forum
- Tricia Chio, BDC Senior Account Manager, Entrepreneurship Centre
Who is this for?
This session is right for you if you:
- Are a current or aspiring woman business owner who is looking for funding
- Have self-funded your business and are looking to explore some external options
- Have been impacted by the recent pandemic and are curious what financial support is available to you
- Are a champion of women entrepreneurs and would like to gain more insights on their funding needs
It’s never too early or too late to explore the world of funding!
To make sure everyone has a chance to interact and make connections, we’re capping registrations and spots are FCFS. Grab your seat today!