- This event has passed.
Creating a Website for Your Business
February 24, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thinking of creating a website for your business? WordPress websites make up almost 30% of the internet and it was recently named the world’s fastest growing Content Management System (CMS). Similar to Shopify, Wix and Squarespace, WordPress offers a free-to-install, flexible and simple interface to make the most of your business website.
Join Simon Rai, Raize Digital, and take an interactive step-by-step tour of WordPress and leave with a basic website of your own. Getting started is easier than you think on this user-friendly platform that will empower you to tell the world about your small business. In this session, we’ll also briefly examine some of the more popular alternatives to WordPress.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Know what to look for when selecting a web host
- How to install a WordPress theme
- How to edit your website content
- Getting started on adding media such as images, video and audio to your site
- Harnessing the power of widgets, plug-ins and theme settings
- A brief introduction to WordPress alternatives
This seminar is hosted at Small Business BC in Vancouver and delivered to other locations via live webinar. Please note: all webinar participants will also receive access to a recording for seven days after the live session.