Creative Industry Trade Accelerator Program
November 3 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Women’s Enterprise Centre is a proud Marketing Partner of the Trade Accelerator Program!
Apply to be part of this special Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) specifically designed for those in the Creative Industries.
Canada’s Creative Export Strategy:
The creative industries are a strength of the Canadian economy and at the heart of our competitive advantage on the international stage. Canada’s creative industries are strong and innovative and have the potential to be leaders in accelerating the growth of the Canadian economy.
In 2017, the creative industries accounted for:
- $53.1 billion in GDP
- 2.7 % of Canada’s overall GDP
- more than 666,500 direct jobs
- countless spin-off jobs
Creative industries trade missions, events, and partnerships: Latin American Trade Mission (February 2019): A Profitable Mission for Canadian Creative Industries
- Mexico is Canada’s third largest trading partner after the United States and China. In 2016, Canada exported $236.7 million in cultural goods and services to Mexico.
- Colombia, an emerging market, is Canada’s fifth largest bilateral trading partner in Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico).
- Argentina is the second largest economy in South America. In 2016, Canadian cultural exports to Argentina reached $13.9 million.
- 2019 marks the 75th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Canada and Mexico
Bursaries of up to $4505 available for qualified clients of Women’s Enterprise Centre!