Women in Tech World has embarked on a journey to produce a community-driven Gender Equity Roadmap for Canadian tech communities.
Join us in a Community Conversation in Victoria, in partnership with Discovery Foundation’s Women Leaders in Tech BLAST Program, to share your experiences and ideas for how to create more inclusive and diverse tech communities locally and nationwide.
About the Event: Driving WinTech is Women in Tech World’s nation-wide community-based research initiative on the state of women in tech in Canada. Since Fall 2017, Women in Tech World has connected with hundreds of women in tech and their advocates in 28 locations across all provinces and the Yukon. It’s an opportunity to be a part of something truly impactful for women in tech nationally; it’s about connecting with tech communities and giving you a voice to communicate:
- what programming or resources are in place to support women in tech in your region;
- what unique challenges have you encountered; and
- how we can work together to determine actionable steps to create gender diverse and inclusive tech communities across the country.
Driving WinTech: Key Metrics To Date
- 30+ community conversations and 20+ panels by industry experts
- 28 locations across all provinces and the Yukon
- Connections with more than 2,500 participants and 10,000 stakeholders reached
- 85+ national and community partners
- Collected 1,500+ demographic surveys, 900+ written accounts, and 145 hours of audio recordings
The Community Conversation is open to adults of all ages and genders but are designed to be a space where women explicitly have a voice.
This research activity is for people who:
- Self-identify as as woman working in the tech industry (or recently left in the past 5 years)
- Allies or advocates of women in tech
- Stakeholders in the tech industry (including government, non-profit, educational organizations or service providers)
- 5:30-6:00pm Networking
- 6:00-6:30pm Panel of Trailblazing Women in Tech
- 6:30-7:50pm Research Activities: Community Conversation + Focus Group
- 7:50-8:00pm Closing Questions + Next Steps
Trailblazing Women in Tech Panel
Driving WinTech: Outcomes & Key Results
- Gender Equity Roadmap on the experiences of women in tech in Canada, including best practices for creating more inclusive and diverse tech communities.
- Discovery Foundation‘s Driving WinTech: A Study of Women in Tech In BC with recommendations to facilitate community-driven activities across the province.