- This event has passed.
Equity, Convertible Debt, SAFEs and everything in between
September 24, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join Steve Lukas and Prentice Durbin of Harper Grey in this interactive 2 hour workshop
In this workshop you will learn answers to:
- What is a SAFE?
- Why do US investors require Preferred Shares?
- Why do experienced Investors dislike Convertible Debt or a SAFE?
- What type of shares should Founders subscribe for?
- Why is Convertible Debt ineligible for BC’s 30% investment refund program?
- Why a Valuation Cap on Convertible Debt, negates its whole purpose
- What Discount should early investors get on SAFE or Convertible debt?
- Will VC Funds honour a previously agreed Discount to early SAFE investors?
- Steve Lukas, Co-chair Business Law Group, Harper Grey LLP
- Prentice Durbin, Associate Counsel, Harper Grey LLP
This mini-workshop from Harper Grey and Angel Forum is for investors and companies, but not service providers or advisors. Don’t miss the opportunity to learn more about the types of equity based capital instruments.