- This event has passed.
Financial Understanding Bootcamp for Indigenous Women Entrepreneurs
November 25 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
One of the biggest challenges in starting and growing your business is the understanding of financial statements, yet they can make or break your business!
Women’s Enterprise Centre has partnered with Creative Spirit Solutions to present a four-week series specifically created for Indigenous women entrepreneurs who want to understand their business financials.
This Financial Understanding Bootcamp is designed for both start-up and existing businesses. We’ll look at your current personal finances, and then build achievable financial goals for your business. We’ll also provide you with step-by-step guidance and tools for completing your own financial statements.
During this program we will work together to:
- Each participant will also receive one hour of after-care service with Heather to review their financials and ask questions specific to their business
- Learn how to use online tools, such as Google Drive, to support your business
- Learn about the financial aspects of your business – forecasting, pricing, costing, and more!
- Create your own financial statements – cash flow, income statement, and balance sheet
- Be provided with business planning tools to support funding and grant applications
Let’s make this fun, put our financial caps on, and tackle this together!
Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 6pm-9pm PT
- Week 1: November 25, 26
- Week 2: December 2, 3
- Week 3: December 9, 10
- Week 4: December 16, 17
Open to Indigenous women business owners all over BC
Delivered Online via Google Classroom
Program cost: FREE
As this is a hands-on program, only 12 spots are available!
ABOUT HEATHER BLACK
Heather Black – O’takii Tsowaakii Blackfoot from the Kainaiwa Nation. Heather is an industry expert with more than 15 years of experience in the full life cycle in both the Business and Educational industry. She carries great passion with traditional and contemporary values, always willing to share cross cultural knowledge, and provide you the connection to a professional circle of supports.