Financing Your Growing Business Virtual Boot Camp
August 25 - August 26
Moody’s Foundation and WEConnect International are pleased to offer a capacity-building program for a select group of women business owners in Canada. The Virtual Boot Camp will take place over the course of two days on Tuesday, August 25th & Wednesday, August 26th, 2020. Applying to and attending the training program is FREE.
This training program is ideal for growth-oriented women-owned businesses who are looking to scale their enterprises and require additional capital to grow. The two-day training program will cover the following topics:
How to Build Creditworthiness
This section will dive into the concept of creditworthiness—what it is, why it is important, and how to build it. Business owners will learn about what lenders look for in accounting systems and how frequently and accurately those systems produce financial statements consisting of an income statement and a balance sheet.
Determining Capital Requirements
Based off the basic capital plan developed, this section will help business owners identify their specific capital requirements for growth and assess if they are or are not adequately capitalized to achieve their goals. Business owners will learn how to further build out their capital plan, identify ways to increase their creditworthiness, and thereby increase their ability to attract cash into their business.
Preparing your Company for Capital Input
This final section will help business owners identify the steps they need to take to prepare their companies to receive capital in any form. Business owners will understand how and what resources are available to become due diligence ready.
Eligibility criteria that your business must meet to qualify for the training program:
- The company must be at least 51% owned, operated, and managed by one or more women and be either certified or self-registered with
- WEConnect International. (Please note that self-registration is free)
- The company must operate in the formal sector and must be in operation for at least 3 years.
- The company should have a Business Identification or Tax Identification Number.
- The company should have a bank account with a financial institution.
- The woman attending the program must be an owner or have substantial decision making authority in the company. This person must be based in Canada. In the event of an in person training, all costs associated with travel or accommodation are the responsibility of the training program participant and not WEConnect International.