- This event has passed.
Getting to Net Zero: Opportunities for SME Business Sector Leadership
June 30 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
This webinar is presented by Climate Smart Training Facilitator, Maureen Cureton, and will focus on how the SME sector is finding profitable ways to prepare for and participate in the low-carbon economy.
Given that SMEs small-to-medium size enterprises (SMEs) represent 92% of Canadian businesses, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce recognizes the significant business, economic and environmental impact potential of helping more SMEs become climate leaders, reduce transition risk and future-proof their businesses.
Topics to be discussed:
- SME sector role in climate leadership action in Canada; Climate Smart businesses. –
- What’s driving businesses towards carbon neutrality and measuring their carbon footprint?
- How do businesses measure & manage their carbon footprint?
- What should I measure and why? International standards, climate accounting protocol and process.
- What are examples of SMEs that are finding innovative and profitable ways to demonstrate climate leadership (using Chamber member examples: e.g. The Musket, John Brooks, Platinum Pro).
- What’s “net zero”? What does it mean to achieve net zero carbon emissions?
- Who’s pursing it (business and governments) and why it’s important.
- Carbon offsets – part of the net zero solution.