- This event has passed.
Indigenous Businesses: Open Doors by Selling to the Government
January 19 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Every year the Government of Canada spends billions of dollars on goods, services and construction from Canadian businesses, and opportunities for contracts exist for businesses of all sizes.
Through the Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Business (PSAB), the federal government wants to connect with Indigenous businesses and Nation-Owned Businesses to open the doors for new opportunities to sell to the federal government.
On January 19, join us for a conversation with Emily Given from Indigenous Services Canada who will share details about the opportunities available for Indigenous entrepreneurs, such as:
- The Indigenous Business Directory, who’s eligible and how to register
- How the government purchases goods and services from Indigenous suppliers, including set-asides, standing offers/supply arrangements, and subcontracting opportunities
- How to find federal procurement opportunities
- How to find funding opportunities
- COVID-19 resources for Indigenous entrepreneurs
January 19 | 10am to 11am PT | Free Webinar
Facilitator: Danielle Hofer, Outreach Officer, Women’s Enterprise Centre
Panelist: Emily Given, Business Development, Indigenous Services Canada
Open to everyone!