- This event has passed.
Indigenous Cultural Protocols, Empathy & Safety Work
July 22 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Cultural Protocols, Empathy & Safety offers a facilitated decolonial dialogue to support you or your organization to work through Nahanee Creative’s mini-courses and writing prompts together. In this two-hour workshop, you will create a Cultural Safety Plan of your own. While the teachings & critical Indigenous theory shared by Ta7talíya Michelle Nahanee are grounded in Squamish world view, they are applicable across Indigenous Territories.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Introduction to cultural protocols, empathy and safety
- Self reflection to understand your own role in these conversations
- Explore approaches to cultural work and decolonizing practices in a good way
- How to start introducing cultural safety into workplace policy
- Begin a Cultural Safety Plan of your own