Indigenous, Women and LGBTQ+ Food Business Mission to Minnesota
October 14 - October 15
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) in Minneapolis is seeking Canadian Indigenous-, women- and/or LGBTQ+-owned food businesses that are interested in exporting to the US-Upper Midwest (including Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and North Dakota).
They are organizing a two-day, dual-track program to help you discover regional opportunities and learn how to leverage your prospects as a diverse supplier to the US marketplace.
Companies selected to participate in the mission will benefit from:
- Insights from supplier diversity program leads at major retailers, distributors, and food manufacturers in the region;
- Advice from organizations supporting women-, LGBTQ+- and indigenous-owned businesses, including venture capital firms;
- Success stories from local restauranteurs and food business owners;
- Attendance at portions of Food | Ag | Ideas week in Minneapolis-St. Paul;
- A tour of prominent regional grocery chains.
Learn more in this document: OVERVIEW – IndigenousWomenLGBTQ Food Business Mission 2019
Application deadline is August 7, 2019
How to Apply?
If you are interested in participating in the program, please fill the online application here.