- This event has passed.
The Money Side of Business: Understanding Your Finances
April 25, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Do you have a side hustle? Are you a solopreneur? Are you a growing small business?
If you said yes to any of these questions this workshop is for you!
Even if you use a bookkeeper and/or accountant, it is imperative that YOU understand the financial side of your business. This introductory-level workshop takes you through practical exercises to help you understand the type of information financial statements provide and why they are important.
Knowing how to get started and keeping score on the health and performance of your business means understanding accounting basics and taking advantage of tax opportunities.
In this course, you will discuss the different types of financial statements and how they reflect the health of your business. When we’re done, you’ll be able to:
- Determine your personal financial obligations;
- Relate your personal finances to your business finances;
- Identify the ways that financial statements can indicate the financial status of your business;
- Interpret a simple balance sheet;
- List the four components of an income statement;
- Name the uses of a cash flow statement;
- Develop your own basic financial statements;
Whether your financial planning involves managing your inventory, pricing your product or service, optimizing your expenses, or managing your working capital, this workshop will help you make confident decisions and ensure yours is a success story!
Join Kath Britton, MBA, CPA CMA, and Director, Business Development for Women’s Enterprise Centre, for hands on learning and valuable resources.