- This event has passed.
Privacy and Access: B.C.’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
October 11, 2018 @ 10:15 am - 5:00 pm
The Privacy, Compliance and Training branch of the Corporate Information and Records Management Office will be holding a free training session in Kelowna on the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) – B.C.’s privacy law for public bodies.
The session will cover:
- Overview of FOIPPA
- Personal information – definitions and examples
- Access to information, including freedom of information rights, processes and exceptions
- Privacy and the authorities for public bodies to collect, use and disclose personal information
- Records retention and security requirements
- Oversight – the role of the Information and Privacy Commissioner
- Introduction to the Privacy, Compliance and Training branch’s tools and resources