- This event has passed.
Privacy Law: Navigating Regulations and Avoiding Breaches
July 19 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Since the pandemic, many small businesses have moved to remote working, empowering employees to work from home where possible. Unfortunately, this has created an environment where data breaches and unintended privacy leaks have become all too common.
Join Marilyn Sing for this informative and fast-paced webinar and learn the key points of BC’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). You’ll discover what businesses must do to comply with PIPA, the regulator’s role and the consequences relating to non-compliance. The session will conclude with best practices for improving your business’ privacy and how to foster a strong culture of data protection
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Overview of privacy law from a BC perspective
- Business risks, costs, and benefits associated with privacy decisions
- Practical ways you can protect your business and customers
- How to create a strong culture of data protection
- Training staff to become more privacy savvy
- The future of privacy from a global context