- This event has passed.
Raise & Rise: Pitch Competition Submissions Close
. In collaboration with Disruption Ventures, The Scotiabank Women Initiative™ is launching the BC RAISE & RISE pitch competition – a virtual pitch competition and conference that presents women entrepreneurs with the opportunity to win a cash investment of $25,000 and more.
The pitch competition is open to BC based Pre-seed to Series A women-led or women-owned technology & Innovation businesses seeking venture investment. The pitch finale will be hosted virtually, by invitation-only on April 15. Six finalists will compete for the Grand Prize in front of the panel of expert judges, including the following successful entrepreneurs and business executives. Submissions are open now and will close on March 31.
The Grand Prize Winner will:
- Receive a cash investment from Disruption Ventures for a minimum of $25,000 (CAD), subject to standard terms and conditions;
- Enter the NITRO program powered by Blakes;
- Participate in a three-hour personal and corporate tax planning workshop with BDO Tax Expert;
- Participate in a series of three (60 minute) one-on-one sales effectiveness coaching sessions with Sonya Meloff, Co-Founder, Sales Talent Agency;
- Be featured in a Scotiabank Perspectives article.
All six finalists will be awarded a Finalist Prize Package consisting of:
- A series of three interactive workshops (75 minutes) facilitated by The Scotiabank Women Initiative in partnership with Scotiabank and Roynat Capital
- A 90-minute training session with Marc Shewchun (Founder and head of Nitro Powered by Blakes)
- Three roundtable discussions (90 minutes each) from BDO on topics of interest to startups such as SRED, Tax, and Valuations