- This event has passed.
Striking the Right Balance: B.C.’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA)
October 12, 2018 @ 10:15 am - 1:00 pm
The Privacy, Compliance and Training branch of the Corporate Information and Records Management Office will be holding a free training session in Kelowna on the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) – B.C.’s privacy law for private sector organizations.
The session will cover:
- What is privacy?
- Personal information – definitions and examples
- Privacy law for the private sector – overview of PIPA
- The 10 privacy principles
- Oversight – the role of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC)
- Introduction to the Privacy, Compliance and Training Branch’s tools and resources