- This event has passed.
The Future of Work: Women in the 21st Century Workplace
June 2, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The WE EMPOWER programme of UN Women, European Union and International Labour Organization has teamed up with Girls20 to host a special session, “The Future of Work: Women in the 21st Century Workplace” to be held at Women Deliver 2019 Global Conference in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Key leaders in the business community and public sector will be invited to discuss the changing world of work and its implications for women’s employment and access to decent work. Jobs of the future is a key emerging area that is galvanizing both excitement and concern: if we are not making drastic and transformative changes on the economic and labour market policies and strategies, women and girls risk losing out on what the 21st Century labour market, workplace and marketplace have to offer.
Refreshments will be served!
- Dr. Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director, UN Women
- Ambassador Mara Marinaki, Principal Adviser on Gender, and on the Implementation of UNSCR 1325 on Women, Peace and Security – European External Action Service
- Lareina Yee, Chief Diversity Officer and Senior Partner – Mckinsey
- Wendy Cukier, Diversity Institute Academic Director and Professor of Entrepreneurship at Ryerson
- Anna Falth, Senior Programme Manager – WE EMPOWER programme, Head of the Women’s Empowerment Principles Secretariat
- Emily Mills, Founder – How She Hustles
- Bailey Greenspon, Senior Program Manger – G(irls)20
Note: This session is only available to Women Deliver conference attendees. No Women Deliver Conference pass? Have burning questions about the future of work and its implications for women? No problem! Submit your questions here before Thursday, May 30 and we will share your questions with our speakers. The answers will be shared live via he @empower_women and @Girls20 Twitter accounts during the session.