Understanding Regulations for Importing
September 20 @ 9:00 am - 12:45 pm
As an importer, you need to know which regulations, standards and licenses apply to your products. It’s essential to have a clear understanding of which regulatory agencies are responsible for your industry, and how to manage pre-entry requirements, such as testing and labelling – before you start importing.
This interactive session will bring together representatives from Small Business BC, Health Canada, the Competition Bureau and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Following the presentation (approximately two hours), in-person attendees will have the opportunity to ask the questions relevant to your business and speak directly with the visiting agencies.
This seminar will help you understand overall regulations for importing in the following industries:
- Textile regulations and labeling
- Mandatory food labelling requirements and licensing
- Non-mandatory food labelling information consumer product safety considerations
- Cosmetics regulations under the Food and Drugs Act
- Drug regulations
- Natural health product regulations
- Medical devices regulations
This seminar is hosted at Small Business BC in Vancouver and delivered to other locations via live webinar. Please note: all webinar participants will also receive access to a recording for seven days after the live session.