- This event has passed.
WECafé | Ask Me Anything: Doing Business with the Government
December 1, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
The Government of Canada is actively looking for Canadian-owned businesses to purchase goods and services from, yet the process can seem a little intimidating for business owners who are new to the procurement process.
If you have burning questions about selling your goods or services to the government, then join us on December 1 to ask our panel of experts!
We’re hosting Aaron Ydenberg from Public Services and Procurement Canada and Anne Bank from The Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces for an interactive Q&A. They’ll share tips about:
- Doing business with the Government – how does the process work?
- Using the CanadaBuys website to find opportunities, and how you can practice bidding
- The kinds of opportunities available through the Innovation for Defence, Excellence and Security (IDEaS) program (they may surprise you!)
We’ll also welcome Jodi Huettner, CEO of Helga Wear, a woman’s workwear brand based on Vancouver, who will share her story of selling to the government and what she’s learned along the way.
You’re in charge! Our experts are here to help you navigate the procurement process, so bring us your questions or send them ahead of time.
December 1 | 10am to 11am PT | Free Webinar
Facilitator: Danielle Hofer, Outreach Officer, Women’s Enterprise Centre
- Aaron Ydenberg, Business Engagement for Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Anne Bank, Acting Director General International and Industry Programs, The Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces
- Jodi Huettner, CEO of Helga Wear
Open to everyone!