Webinar Recording: Commercial Leasing Basics
This is the recording of a webinar hosted by Women’s Enterprise Centre in August 2019 in partnership with Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG) as part of their DRIVEN BY WOMEN™ initiative. To view free upcoming sessions visit wec.ca/MAF
Regardless of the type of business you have or the stage of your business, you will need to enter into a lease for an office, warehouse or retail space.
In this recording, we give a basic overview of leasing and the pitfalls to watch out for as a tenant.
This recording will help you understand:
- The basic structure of a lease
- The major differences in various types of leases
- Key provisions in a lease that you must pay extra attention to
- A few tools in negotiating a lease with a landlord
- Situations where a legal professional will need to get involved
Facilitator: Kerrilee Auger, Skills Development Manager, Women’s Enterprise Centre
Panelist: Anousheh Torabi, Associate, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP