Webinar Recording: Using Mediation to Solve Business Challenges
This is the recording of a webinar hosted by Women’s Enterprise Centre in June 2019. To view free upcoming sessions visit wec.ca/MAF
As business owners, we sometimes find ourselves:
- In challenging situations with other businesses or customers;
- In conflict with employees or partners; or
- Needing to have “difficult” conversations with others.
There are times when you should hire a lawyer, but other times solving the problem with mediation can be equally as effective, less expensive and quicker.
This recording features Ashley Syer, Lawyer and Mediator at Syer Law, in a discussion about mediation and how it can be used to resolve some business conflicts.
- The difference between a mediator and a lawyer
- The types of situations that are best suited to mediation
- The benefits of mediation
- How to find a qualified mediator
Facilitator: Cheryl Farmer, Business Advisor, Women’s Enterprise Centre
Panelist: Ashley Syer, Lawyer and Mediator, Syer Law