If you operate a daycare in BC, you’re likely aware that the BC provincial government is offering Temporary Emergency Funding (TEF) to licensed childcare providers impacted by the Covid-19 outbreak.
Below is an overview of what’s available and how to apply for the TEF.
- Providers who remain open can receive funding to cover roughly 75% of monthly operating costs. Providers who close can receive funding to cover roughly 20% of monthly operating costs.
- To qualify, providers must have a 2020/21 funding agreement through the Child Care Operating Funding (CCOF) Program.
- Providers with agreements in place can login to their CCOF account to apply.
- Providers wishing to apply for the CCOF program must submit applications.
- If approved, providers will receive a draft 2020/21 funding agreement for consideration.
Application deadline is April 30, 2020
The deadline for accepting the terms and conditions of the 2020/21 funding agreement is April 30, 2020. Childcare providers are encouraged to apply immediately to meet this deadline.
How to apply
To apply for or renew CCOF, complete an application form and email, along with required documents, to the email address on the application. For more information, visit the CCOF webpage >>
Online fillable form
The TEF is optional. Providers can choose to continue receiving CCOF Base Funding or temporarily replace it with TEF. For more information, visit the Child Care Response to COVID-19 webpage >>