SBIS Registration Confirmation
Thank you for registering for the Starting a Business Info Session!
A copy of the phone-in instructions below has been emailed to you.
You can phone in at the time specified, from anywhere in BC, on the day of your session. If you decide to attend a different session, you may still use the directions below to connect and you do not need to re-register.
Directions to call in:
- Begin by dialing: 1-855-703-8985
- When prompted, enter the pin code: 790-125-0218# – please note the number is followed by the # (pound) sign.
- Wait for the facilitator. She will ask your first name and the location you are calling from.
To prepare for the workshop and to make the most out of the hour, we suggest you:
- Review the document How to Write an Effective Business Plan,
- Refer to the SBIS Agenda so you can follow along and take notes,
- Access links to resources discussed in the session and,
- Call into the line in a quiet space so you can participate fully by asking questions.
Tips for high-quality telephone sessions:
- Call in on time.
- Have a pen and paper ready to take notes.
- Use a regular land phone line rather than a cell or mobile phone, if possible.
- Disable your call-waiting feature by dialing *70 before joining the class. This feature will be reactivated upon completion of the call.
- Turn ringers off on other telephones, if possible.
- Identify yourself when you speak during the session so everyone knows who is talking. (e.g. ‘This is Diane…’).
- Please use mute if your background is noisy when it is opened up for questions. To place yourself on Mute, press *6 on your phone; to Unmute, press *6 again.
- Be conscious of where your mouthpiece is. Brushing the mouthpiece and loud breathing will be heard.
If you have any questions or difficulties connecting to the session, please contact our Client Services Coordinator at 1-800-643-7014, ext. 112 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to connecting with you!