Trust is one of the cornerstones of building a profitable and sustainable business. Without trust there is no credibility, and without credibility there are no customers. Don’t underestimate the impact trust has on your bottom line. Here are my Top 5 tips for becoming more trust worthy.
1. Follow through and follow up. Do what you say you’re going to do. Keep your word and don’t make excuses. Excuses are simply a way to avoid responsibility. When your words don’t match your actions people lose confidence in you, which is a surefire way to erode trust.
2. Boundaries. Be clear about personal and professional boundaries – yours and other people’s – and don’t cross them. Reflect on how you are putting yourself out into the world and whether what and how you do, say and act is appropriate in each situation.
3. Respect. Be aware and respectful of other people. Each of us has the sovereign right to think, act and behave the way we choose. Keep the interactions clean – passive-aggressive tendencies, manipulative and abusive behaviour is not the way to ‘win friends and influence people’.
4. Don’t assume anything. All of us view the world from our own perspective. Don’t assume that you are on the same page with someone until you know for a fact that you are. Assumptions lead to unfulfilled expectations, which in turn lead to disappointment and an erosion of trust.
5. Truth and authenticity. Be truthful and authentic in your words, actions and behaviours. If people sense into your lack of authenticity, you will make an unfavourable impression. Don’t underestimate most people’s perceptive and intuitive nature, especially women.
Michela Quilici is a marketing strategist + business advisor with Q. Consulting and a Ghost CEO™ business development coach. Her proven and powerful process provides women entrepreneurs with focus, systems, accountability and business development tools to turn their expertise into a profitable and sustainable 6-figure business. Michela is on a mission to reconnect women entrepreneurs with their brilliance, and support them to authentically market and grow their business from the inside out; helping service professionals get the clarity they need to catapult their business forward, and confidently create a business they love. She is also a contributing author in the bestselling book series Adventures in Manifesting: Conscious Business; an anthology of stories to ignite your entrepreneurial spirit.