Two of the most difficult challenges for SOHO businesses are Time Management and the separation of Home & Business Life.
It’s so easy to get ‘disconnected’ from a balanced lifestyle when one or the other is vying for our attention. Getting control of both business and personal areas of our lives requires organization and self-discipline.
Here are a few ‘tasks’ to get started.
Determine where the time is spent.
By using a weekly Task TimerTM sheet allocated in 15 minute increments, you will be able to determine how much time and where you spend the time on each task whether it’s personal or business related
Colour code the tasks
Take a green highlighter and colour code all the business activities and then use a pink highlighter for the personal activities.
Group the Tasks.
Tasks can now be grouped into blocks of time devoted to strictly business or strictly personal.
Simple guidelines to schedule your tasks include:
- Decide how many hours to devote to the business.
- On your Task SchedulerTM, block off business hours to schedule work flow.
- Add personal tasks to the Task SchedulerTM, to keep them from interrupting business time.
- Get a separate business line.
- Do not answer your personal line during business hours. Have call display so that you can screen calls and answer only the emergencies.
- Keep partners and others out of your business space and business time.
- Children don’t belong in your office time/space. It’s not fair to them or your business.
- Leave one day per week entirely free of appointments and paperwork.
The more organized you are, the more effective and profitable your business will be!
For a complimentary Task TimerTM and Task SchedulerTM Worksheet go to www.theconnectedwoman.com under “Resources/forms”
Now go get connected!