Join Our Team
Women’s Enterprise Centre is the leading full-service business resource for women entrepreneurs across BC. We are a non-profit that provides business loans, business advice, skills training, mentoring, practical resources and a supportive community to help women business owners gain the skills, mindset, financing and networks they need to realize their business potential.
Business Advisor, Vancouver Office
We have an 80% time (30 hours/week) position available in our Vancouver office for a Business Advisor.
We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual to join our team and help us to empower women entrepreneurs all around BC. We work hard, have fun and celebrate our success and the accomplishments of our clients!
Our Business Advisors provide one-on-one business advising and resources to women business owners who are starting, scaling or purchasing a business to help them navigate the ‘ins and outs’ of entrepreneurship.
The primary duties of the Business Advisor include:
- Providing business advisory and client service support to women who are starting, scaling or acquiring a business to help them address specific issues or challenges they are facing in their business.
- Assessing business plans for market and financial viability.
- Analysing loan applications for business viability and financing recommendations.
- Providing ongoing business advisory support to existing loan clients.
- Conducting site assessments.
- Representing our organization in the community, attending networking events, delivering presentations about Women’s Enterprise Centre, and possibly facilitating workshops.
- Carrying out business development activities with clients, partners and women’s business networks.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A strong passion for assisting women entrepreneurs. Enjoy working with women, providing guidance and support in overcoming business obstacles.
- Strong understanding of the foundations of business (i.e. business plan development, operations, marketing, research, financials, etc.) and/or first-hand experience with entrepreneurship.
- Commercial or personal lending experience, or the ability to read and interpret business financial statements.
- Excellent interpersonal and counselling skills
- Strong organization, prioritization, administrative and multi-tasking skills with a high level of attention to accuracy and detail.
- A high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- A university degree (graduate level preferred) in commerce, business administration or education (with business experience) is mandatory.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity to grow your personal and professional network in Vancouver and around BC
- Flexible work arrangements possible
- Contributing to women’s economic empowerment and rewarding feedback from happy clients